The Belfast office was initially established in February 2014 as a centre of technical support in Building Information Modelling (BIM). Since 2014 the Belfast office continues to develop a strong portfolio of residential & commercial projects and has become a centre of excellence in BIM Management and co-ordination.
What is BIM?
Building Information Modelling (BIM) is an intelligent 3D model-based process that equips architecture, engineering and construction professionals with the insight and tools to more efficiently plan, design, construct, and manage buildings and infrastructure projects.
Why use BIM?
There are many benefits to adopting the BIM process in all sizes of projects but here are the top 5 reasons why 1st Architects quickly realised that the BIM process was the way forward.
- Capturing reality – The accuracy of information at the beginning of the design process is vital in capturing the reality of the project site and its existing infrastructure. This initial step enables the streamlining of information amongst the various design disciplines at the very beginning of a project.
- Simulation & Visualization – The virtual building model allows the design team, client and end user to experience the design through all stages of the BIM process from concept to completion.
- Collaboration – BIM facilitates the transfer of information between the various design disciplines more efficiently therefore improving productivity and workflow.
- Co-ordination – A Building constructed virtually as a BIM model can be coordinated accurately before construction begins therefore capturing the problems before they arrive on site. This ultimately saves the client time and money during the build.
- Whole Life-Cycle – the BIM process delivers a final built asset which can be managed virtually through the BIM model. Therefore clients have full control of their building and its operations on a daily basis throughout its life-cycle.
Get in touch
If you are thinking about your own project, whether it’s a residential extension, a new build house, or commercial project and are simply not quite sure how to get started contact us and we will be happy to answer any questions and give some advice on what you need to do next.
51 Malone Road,
Belfast BT9 6RY